Wednesday, January 9, 2008

January 7, 2008

D200
18 - 200 mm VR at 95mm
I am welcoming in the New Year with a committment to both update this blog daily and to also take at least one photo every day as well. My goal in doing this is to become technically better at taking pictures (as opposed to relying more on luck), become more proficient with Photoshop and to practice the wriiten language in a more efficient and precise manner. Since making this commentment to myself, I have taken the photos daily but I have not updated this blog so, I have at least 3 days to make up for.

One of the reoccuring photo op locations that I will probably bore you with is the pond behind our house. It is a short walk to get back there and typically, there are no people around to disturb you. I was surprized to find these 5 swans hanging out in the sunshine. They were not in the least bit perturbed by my presence.
The stats on the original photo as taken from the camera were: 1/20s at f/18.0 with the light source listed at Tungsten. With this as the listed light source, it made all of the photos taken that day appear to have a flat blue cast to them. The camera was set for auto ISO but the ISO listed was 1600 which is really high and you can see the noise coming through the reflections off the icy water.


No comments: